Friday, April 22, 2005

Life as a Pack Rat

After 22 consecutive days of sleeping in a hotel bed, last night I was finally able to sleep in my own bed. Living in a hotel takes a lot out of you. When you check into a hotel there is always that little amount of excitement to get to your room and see what it's like. That excitement wears off after two or three weeks. Not having to make your own bed comes with a price.

When you stay in a hotel for an extended period of time, your whole perception of what is normal changes. After three weeks in a hotel, paying $12.99 for a meal seems normal. Eating every night in the hotel restaurant isn't always a riot either: "Table for one." At one point your realize you've had almost everything on the room service menu. Suddenly I found myself irritated when I come back to my room at noon and there are now fresh towels and the bed has not been made.

I even memorized all the channels on Marriott's cable television network.

Long story short: It's good to be home. And it's good to be back with my suga' mamma. Unfortunately I will be heading out Sunday for two more weeks in a hotel. More complaining coming your way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds intresting, can't say I would be able to make it. The longest I have ever stayed in a hotel was prolly two nights.

I mean by the time you left the people at the counter and the little ladies that clean up prolly threw a going away present, the waiters, or cooks prolly already knew exactly what you wanted to eat, and where you wanted to sit.

Are you sure you didn't shed alittle tear as you walked through the door cause you wouldn't get to see pedro from staring back at you on the other side of the desk telling you no you didn't have any messages, and no, no one had called for you.

Anonymous said...

sorry I was going to say gave you a going away present, but at the same time I was thinking going away party....

take luck!