Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Holy War

Utah Fans: This is the image I want you to burn into your brains for the next 52 weeks.

I must confess, I became disillusioned yesterday somewhere during the second or third quarter. Strangely, none of the television stations in Memphis, Tennessee carry BYU games so I was left with a Utah-slanted play-by-play through the 2007 Mercury Milan's optional Sirius Satellite radio. They obviously picked up a feed from Utah's sports radio. Trying to listen to the game on the radio and watching BYU's eight-game winning streak get soggy, I eventually turned the radio off and decided to hear about it in the morning. I am my father's son.

Well, morning could not wait. When I got home my computer was open to the scoreboard where I had left it hours before and there it was in big sans serif letters:

Brigham Young - 33
University of Utah - 31


More importantly, I was quick to notice the small "F" next to the score indicating it was final. I spent the next hour scouring the multiple college football games that ARE broadcast east of the Mississippi hoping for a highlight reel.

What a play John Beck.

So to all you Utah fans out there, know this: winning is hard, losing is even harder.

There is always next year.

2 comments:

Nate Page said...

Eeggh...I'll give it to you.

Nate

Nate Page said...

Could you please post something new? I think I'll be seeing you if you are here for new years