Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Car: 2007 Lincoln MKX

Lincoln has decided that cars are more distinct and memorable if their names are composed of hard to remember conglomerates of random letters.


Enter the Lincoln MKX.



That -- would be the only downer of this b-e-a-u-tiful black ride. As you may be aware the Lincoln MKX is the flashier, high-society version of the Ford Edge. They share sheetmetal, platforms, and powertrain.

That being said, the MKX comes with a few tricks the Edge cannot match:

  • Heated REAR seats
  • Heated AND Cooled Front seats
  • THX-Certified 14-speaker stereo (I have only found 11 so far...Still looking for three.)
  • 18" Chromed wheels
  • Power lift-gate (As in, you push a button and the hatch opens. You push a button and the hatch closes.)
  • Chrome everywhere.

Suzanne is partial to the Edge. I love this car. I feel a little out of place driving it. People look at me and I can read their thoughts:

"Does your mother know you're driving her car?"

5 comments:

PureDesign said...

Yeah I was thinking to myself today,

"You know you did slip on a new pair of socks today. (which also meant Rand got a new car.)

Rand said...

"This is how we roll."

dragonfire said...

I'm thinking; the only thing which could make that vehicle a little classier, is a Merlin CR Works strapped off to a bike rack on the roof. ;) :)

Rand said...

Some people must settle for the Lincoln MKX and a decent bike in the back.

dragonfire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.