Sunday, October 21, 2007

Where's the Love?

I am taking a lot of heat as of late regarding my lack of updates. For this, I do not apologize. I began this blogging process much earlier than most of you. I should have some blogging credits saved up somewhere in the Internet bank controlled by Al Gore.

That being said, let it be known that I have been very busy researching and completing applications for graduate school. Although I have not been posting it, I have still been writing...application essays.

This is a tough process because you have to make yourself sound good -- but not arrogant. You have to weave in examples that show why you are so great, but still so humble. Like the time I found a way to re-use postage stamps, resulting in immense cost savings that single-handedly saved the company from certain bankruptcy, but did not take credit for it -- until now.

I have also had to highlight my diversity skills by relaying my experience ordering pizzas with half pepperoni and half Canadian bacon with pineapple. This increase in pizza topping availability made a higher percentage of people happy, resulting in higher levels of workplace satisfaction, which single-handedly saved the company from certain bankruptcy.

The most difficult essay by far involved identifying the biggest mistake in my career in which I tried to use a label maker and accidentally triggered my company's silent alarm . . . which almost single-handedly sent my company to the brink of certain bankruptcy.

The point in all this is . . . well, I'm not sure that there was intended to be a point. But I have not been neglecting the blogging community, I have just been busy.

Stay tuned. There will be more to come....no promises as to when though.

8 comments:

Nate Page said...

Rand,

You must call me; I need to talk to you about your application to graduate school. 589-1645. When you have time to call, I will have time to listen.

Nate

Jules said...

Oh Rand, So nice to have you back. Sorry those dang bankruptcy essays are killing you! Can't you just buy a good one off the internet? Gosh, you're really making this too hard. Good luck though. The postage stamp example sounds like a winner. I hope you write again soon, but if not...see you at Thanksgiving.

Mom B said...

Gosh Rand, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time - if the schools need to know how wonderful you are, just tell them to call me!!!! Anyway, we're glad to have you back. (And excited to see you all at Thanksgiving!) P.S. I already have the nutcups, and they will make even Zella jealous!

PureDesign said...

Did you miss school that much?

I love me some Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza. You need to really give credit where credit is due though my friend, I taught you that postal stamp trick back in Brazil man. I was showing you how to stretch your mezada to the fullest of it's potential.

I'm surprised you don't have a new car to show us.

Rachel Hogge said...

Thanks for the laugh! Good luck with the essays! Are any of them coming Utah way? If so, I would love to help write some--although I'm sure my writing would not help. The only kind of writing I do these days is on blogs and I think they would frown on terms like "LOL". Have fun!

Eric said...

Rand it is nice to know that you're still alive! I was starting to wonder. I want to hear more about your application to graduate school too, I have a few questions for you.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cam said...

Rand, I don't have any questions about graduate school applications. I just miss you, call me: 555-5555