Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Should I Be Doing Right Now?

Every six months I will post a blog entry whether I need it or not.  I cannot believe it has been that long since the last one.  Business school has kept me pretty busy, as evidenced by the lack of posts.  Last week I finished the first year of the MBA program and have a couple of weeks until I start my internship with Cummins in Minneapolis.  

To catch you up, we moved home to Utah to go to BYU's full-time MBA program.  Having just finished the first year, I have lined up an internship with Cummins Power Generation in Fridley, MN (just outside of Minneapolis -- AKA "The Mini Apple.")  If you do not know what Cummins does, just ask my mom.  She can explain it really well.  To put it briefly, Cummins Power Generation makes alternators and generators for everything from boats and RVs to huge backup power systems for hospitals.  In fact, they even make the rockets that thrust the space shuttle into space.  Not really.  

It has been a little weird being out of school this last week.  I have not really
 known what to do with myself.  At first, I had to keep convincing myself that there was not something I was supposed to be doing at all times.  After about two days that feeling wore off and I have taken more naps in the last week than in the two semesters before it.  

Aside from daily naps and catching up on re-runs of Tyra I have been spending my time hiking, biking, snowmobiling, and biking -- in that order.  More on that later.

2 comments:

Erika said...

If you know what Tyra is you must really watch it. I don't know what to think of you anymore.

Rand said...

Yes, I know what Tyra is because of two little words: "I'm married."