Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blogservations...

Blog + Observations = Blogservations.  Remember this because I am not explaining it again.

"The Apartment Complex Playa"
We are now living in an apartment complex in Fridley, MN during our summer internship.  In every apartment complex there is always the one guy with a tricked out Chrysler 300C.  If you have lived in an apartment complex, you know this guy.  The guy with the car covered in chrome and black windows, riding on 22" dubs (rims).  And you know they are 22" rims because it says it in three different places on the car.  The majority of Playa's stereo is in the trunk, but somehow manages to cause enough vibrations that you can hear his door handles rattle as he passes you.  Livin' the dream!  

"Cartoons: Pre-school for Poor Folks"

I remember the days of Saturday morning cartoons that did nothing more than entertain. Classic example: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. He-Man did not have any ulterior motives such as teaching me to share with Baby Bop or how BJ can deal with a new baby in the hose. Nope--He-Man was all about using his powers to defend Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor. These days, He-Man lies dormant as Barney teaches us to share, Sid the Science Kid freaks me out with his slightly slow-motion un-natural dancing, and Dora tricks us into learning Español. Por esta razón...dang it, she did it again! 

For this reason, I miss the good old days of mindless Saturday morning cartoons.  If I want my son to learn, I will send him to school.  But right now he is only two years old.  PBS needs to stop trying to help him get his GED.


So un-natural it must be evil.  

5 comments:

Michelle said...

We rock the yo gabba gabba where they have such songs as "don't bite your friends" and "high five" (that one teaches how to give a high five)
Collin still enjoys saturday morning cartoons but has the same observation.

red said...

Daniel thinks that sid the science kid is the Learndin'train (SNL sketch.) I like that they're educational that way when he wakes up at 5 a.m. I don't feel bad he's watching them :)but they're not very cool and I hate watching them with him. But I agree He-man was AWESOME. And there aren't any Saturday morning cartoons. they're all like Pokemon or some other weird creature that doesn't have lightning bolt powers.

PureDesign said...

So true, that is why I decided to get Hannah into the Boomerang chanel, and she watches the Smurfs, The snorks, and other mindless but entertaining cartoons. She loves them. She even requests to watch those instead of "Dora", "Handy Manny", and even "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse."

Hee-Man was AWESOME though... I have like one or two seasons on DVD, they are classic.

Anna said...

Maybe your lack of comments come from your lack of input on others blogs. :) I'm just sayin....

I personally love sid, and when your son gets old enough to want to kill everything with some pretend gun you'll be so happy there are shows he can watch that are gun free.

:) Your wife is awesome.

Mom B said...

Anna, Is that where Lincoln picked up his moves? Because he certainly has some!