Sunday, October 18, 2009

Band-Aids

Today I replaced the 25-year-old light in our bathroom with a shiny new one. If you have ever been to your great-grandmother's house, you have seen the light I am talking about. It features two glass domes hanging from gold chains attached to the ceiling by hooks. Classy.

As always, Cayden helps dad with anything involving tools. After I got my toolbox out of the garage, Cayden went and got his "tools." He actually has a toy tool set. While I put the light on he got all of his tools out and went to work.

Shortly after I finished I asked him to pick up his tools. He was not interested. A few minutes later I was walking across the floor and accidentally stepped on one of his "tools." I said "Ouch! Cayden, can you pick up your tools? I just stepped on one and it really hurt!"

He made no attempt to pick up the tools. Instead, he brought me a band aid. The squeaky wheel gets a band aid.

1 comment:

grandma blair said...

that is so funny, he is growing up way too fast, at least he knows when a band aid is needed