Monday, September 11, 2006

New Car: 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer


My days of ignorantly driving around in a luxury sedan far above my means are officially over. My 2006 Lincoln Zephyr has officially retired from active duty and has made its way to the dealer auction.

And now my days of ignorantly driving around in a luxury SUV far above my means have officially begun. While I had the difficult task of parting with my beloved Zephyr, stepping up into the Eddie Bauer Explorer and breathing in the aroma from the suede-leather inserts that were keeping cows warm days earlier somehow made the transition bearable.

So here is the run down:
  • 4.0L V6 SOHC - The beefy, new V8 that came out of the Mustang GT was not on option for sales vehicles. Poor me!
  • 4-wheel drive
  • Preferred suede-leather seats
  • Power third-row seat
  • DVD-based Navigation System
  • 18" Alloy Rims
  • All the other goodies...

I'm liking the Explorer. I loved the Limited '05 I had last year. But the '06 has been greatly re-vamped both externally and internally. For an SUV it rides smooth and has decent power for a V6. I haven't had to use 4-wheel drive yet, but it will be convenient should we have any ice storms before my next vehicle arrives -- which may happen later this year.

4 comments:

PureDesign said...

Dude you change cars more frequently than i change my underware... no wait I mean socks... wait this is making me look bad...

Never mind!

You change cars very frequently, I would hate that, i don't really feel comfortable in a car until my garbage has collected in the vehicle.

Rand said...

I'm the opposite. I can't stand to have trash in my car. Ask my wife. I'm meticulous about it.

When I get a stain on the carpet it's time to switch.

Cam said...

Dude, when are you going to hook us up with some pictures of the sweet new Explorer? I hope all is well with you and Suz.

Rand said...

Cam: As you wish.