Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cayden: Day 11

With Suzanne's parents leaving early this morning, Suz and I found ourselves alone with Cayden for the first time outside of a hospital. It is a little intimidating, but if Britney Spears can handle it, we're up for it.

Cayden and I got some one-on-one time this morning. Suzanne took a bath and that left me in charge. Cayden did pretty well for a while. Then he woke up.

He decided to throw some crying at me to see how daddy would handle it. After trying several different methods to coax Cayden back to sleep, I decided to bite the bullet and change his wet diaper. I've changed quite a few diapers in the last 11 days so this wasn't a big deal.

I got his diaper off and was working on getting the next one on when there was a loud knock on the door.

"Who is knocking on our door at 11:00 am on a Saturday morning."

I couldn't really get to the door as I was still in my underwear and Cayden, even less. I got Cayden dressed just in time for another knock on the door. I decided to throw some clothes on and get the door, Cayden in tow.

It was the Jehovah's Witnesses.

4 comments:

PureDesign said...

1.) If you really think Brittney Spears is EVER ALONE, with either one of her kids, you muct be JOKING, she has maids, and houseworkers that prolly change every diaper, and who knows what else.

2.) Did you talk to the JW's ( they are so awesome to talk to)

Rand said...

No, I had my hands full.

Nate Page said...

Congratulations on the baby--I've been reading your recent posts, although I don't really understand what it must feel like to be a husband and/or father, as I'm as single as they get. So congrats??? Hey, just for your information, my sister Meisha just had her second baby girl on October 12th--the name still to be determined.

--Nate

Eric said...

That story with the JWs is awesome!

one question.... you don't have Cayden in any BYU gear do you?.... Lets hope not!